Spring Green
8x8
oil on canvas
I started this post right after I had finished and photographed this painting. The willows are just leafing out at Spy Pond and elsewhere and I was struck by their beautiful light green color in contrast to the dark brown bark of the tree which is nearly horizontal on the shore. A few minutes after typing I heard about the explosions in Copley Square, Boston, the site of the Boston Marathon finish lane and had to put this aside while trying to get in touch with people I knew who lived and worked near there, and friends and family who texted me with concern. Luckily everyone I know is ok but we're all so saddened by the deaths and injuries and uneasy, worried about the potential for more bombs elsewhere which haven't been found. Patriots's Day 2013. Let's hope the injured heal and that families who lost loved ones can also heal.
No comments:
Post a Comment