Rock, water and leaves
6x6 oil on canvas
So today I finished a painting of the water, rocks and trees at Spy Pond Park done from a photo taken on Monday. It was a blustery, cloudy day when I had to wait until the sun peeked through to get a good picture. My goal is to paint on site but I have to allow for days when I can't access the pond and will use photos. The water was choppy with hardly any reflections and though warm, there weren't a lot of visitors except for ducks. I started reading "More Spy Pond Stories," by Eva Balazs and now want to find a way to walk around the pond, just like she did in the 1950's when she and her family moved to Arlington and rented near Spy Pond. I also want to ice skate, kayak and swim here. The kayak rental is over for the season but I might be able to get my mini-kayak out on the water to explore Elizabeth Island in the middle of the pond. Some trees are turning red and orange but for the most part every thing's still green. October's showy and busy but I look forward to seeing what November brings as the light changes and every thing's visible-a sense of peace to the air.
No comments:
Post a Comment