Pond Reflections
6x8 oil on canvas
Path between Spy Pond and Route 2
photo
So last week was a beautiful week at Spy Pond. The trees are in their fall glory and lots of folks were out enjoying the good weather. I've been exploring public access to the pond and found the area near the Boys and Girls Club quite lovely. The above painting is from a photo of a view from the shore taken last week. There's some possibilities of views and small water access on the streets off Lake St. There's also a wonderful paved path along the pond and Route 2 that Cally and I explored yesterday. No painting outside as it's raining and I'm a wimp so I'm posting a photo of the path. My neighbor Debbie, who's lived here all her life, told me that the 10 stairways made out of stone which lead from the path to the pond are used by folks who want to fish-both summer and winter. I wonder if they put up any ice houses. She also encouraged me to explore the path along the shore away from the Boys and Girls club.
Today is very blustery and the rain is heavy right now, courtesy of hurricane Sandy. My building shakes during a severe gust and I'm hoping this is the worst of it. I should be able to paint out later in the week, and also will check out the local museum which I hear has quite a bit on the early history of Spy Pond during the Revolution! Wow! Kind of ironic that I should land here, given my ignorance of American history. After all my family emigrated from Lithuania a mere 94 years ago! Geras dienna!
No comments:
Post a Comment