Monday, November 12, 2012

Around the pond


photo of granite slabs in Spy Pond near the shore

Today I decided to bike around Spy Pond.  It turned out not to be a very long ride but I took side trips down the streets off Pleasant St. to see how much of a view I could get.  Again a lovely warm day and there were lots of people about.  My biggest surprise was coming upon several upright granite slabs near the shore at the Pleasant St. end of the path parallel to Route 2.  I had read about an attempt to build a railroad bridge over the pond which was abandoned and have to do some research about these.  The other delight was great blue heron which I unfortunately surprised but watching him or her fly away was awesome.  Not sure yet what my art image will be but here's a pic of the granite.

No comments:

Post a Comment