Jerome and Mr. Carp
Well there's nothing like clear blue sky to cheer me up and unhook me from the grips of a bad cold. Cally called for a walk so we headed out to Spy Pond via Quebrada Bakery for a coffee. It's breezy and cool but a glorious late fall, first day of Eastern Standard time, so an hour earlier and showing a lovely low sun angle which is perfect for some pictures. We mosied down Linwood Street and saw much typical Sunday morning people activity with bikes, strollers, family photos, but the highlight was spotting a fisherman in a red parka at the edge of the pond. His name is Jerome and he kindly agreed to me snapping some photos of him reel in hand. As I was leaving he called me back as he had landed one! Here's a pic of mr. carp-a relatively small specimen of 5-6 pounds. Jerome explained that they can get at least twice as big. He put it down after removing the hook and we took pictures. Then he gently carried it to the water and released it. I've now met my first citizen of the pond!

Leaves and Logs
8.5x11 acrylic monoprint
It's such a pleasure to explore a new area and meet new people. I feel like a reporter and find myself coming out from behind the shy persona that I keep. I think Adria was on to something when she suggested this project-it certainly throws me into the local life!
No comments:
Post a Comment