Monday, January 14, 2013

Ice in and ice out, snow down and snow gone, fog in


photo: snow, no ice


photo: ice, a little snow


photo: fog eating snow and ice

So this has been an interesting winter so far.  First the snow came and it was so beautiful.  Then the local ponds froze--also so beautiful.  Now I love both snow and ice and should really think about living in a locale that has both for at least 3 months a year.  However,  having family and friends all over New England, it's hard to leave.  So I did ski once around Thorndike Field near my house, and skated at Hill Pond in Menotomy Park a few miles from here.  Both were lovely, but I want more!  So like Ally McBeal,  I'll try Friday nights at the Frog Pond,  and look for snow north and west.  Here are a few photos of Spy Pond's ice in and out.  So with both gone,  I'm out walking the dog more and hiking around Menotomy with her and friend, and the fog has been serene.

1 comment: