Wednesday, January 2, 2013

winter's arrived!


Ice and Snow
8x10 acrylic on canvas


Reflections in the Ice
photo

Winter finally came with some snow on Christmas and then later in the week.  It's lovely and probably my favorite nature event.  Every thing's cleaned up and crisp, even the temps which dipped to 9 degrees last night.  The sunrise and sets are beautiful and the moon's low and large.  There's plenty of activity at the pond in terms of birds, commuters, families out for play and people like me out for a good picture.  The edges of the pond froze about a week ago and today it looked like ice covered most of it.  I was told that the area near the parks is deep and dangerous to skate on.  Boy I'd love to skate and even ski there! The banner on the Boy's and Girls club was nicely reflected in the ice this morning and I posted a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment